200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab (1.44m2 per pack)
200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab is made from stone wool and designed specifically as a non-combustible ventilated cladding insulation uses for example, are ventilated cladding systems and sealed systems such as curtain walling.
200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab is manufactured using dial density technology.
The outer side of the slab has a higher density than the underside.
Application of fixings can be fixed to surface that is firm and robust.
Underside can accommodate unevenness in the substrate.
Size of slab – 600mm x 1200mm
Pack quantity – 2 Slabs per pack
200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab is specially designed for the following uses;-
- Water resistance
- Wind resistance
- Condensation control
200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab works well in:-
- Steel frame, timber frame or masonry walls in conjunction with a cladding system
- Steel frame or timber frame with a masonry outer leaf.
Performance Of 200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab:
- Thermal Perfomance
- Thermal conductivity 0.034 W/mK (<90mm) / 0.035 W/mK (≥90mm)
- Fire Performance
- Euroclass A1 fire rating
- Rated Euroclass A1 when assessed to EN 13501-1 using test data from reaction-to-fire tests
- Acoustic Performance
- As demonstrated by independent in-situ laboratory testing
- Reduces the transfer of airborne noise – with results for typical systems as high as Rw 62 dB.
- Water Resistance
- Repels liquid water due to its fibre orientation and the presence of water-repellent additives.
- Water vapour resistance 5.9 MNs/gm
- Wind Resistance
- RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB fixed as indicated in Figure 1 has successfully undergone wind resistance testing by the Building Research Establishment.
- Wind loading fatigue tests were used to simulate the performance of the slabs when fully exposed and subjected to fluctuating wind loads during the construction stages of buildings.
- The tests simulated and exceeded the maximum UK basic wind speed of 56 m/s as defined by BS CP3: Chapter 5: Part 2: 1972. Test report reference BRE GI2801.
- Condensation Control
- The vapour resistivity is 5.9MNs/gm.
- The slabs therefore reduce the risk of condensation, allowing natural drying-out of the structure. See typical relative humidity / temperature graph below
Additional Benefits Of 200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab
- Water repellent yet breathable
- Independently tested acoustic benefits
- ROCKWOOL insulation does not contain (and has never contained) gases that have ozone depletion potential (ODP) or global warming potential (GWP).
- Once installed, the higher density outer surface works in combination with a factory-applied water repelling agent to give improved resistance to rain ingress during construction.As demonstrated by independent in-situ laboratory testing, RAINSCREEN DUO SLAB helps to reduce the transfer of airborne noise – with results for typical systems as high as Rw 62 dB. For more information please see the Rainscreen Acoustic Reference Guide.
200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab offers standards to conform to the below:-
- Fire rating – Euroclass A1 non-combustible – Highest fire resistance level
- Tested to EN 13501-1
- BBA Approved
More information on 200mm Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab :-
Rockwool Rainscreen Duo Slab is a high-performance brand which offers a number of uses.
See product information directly from the Rockwool manufacturers click here
Discover more Rockwool products insulationhub.co.uk has to offer click here
If you can’t find the product that you are looking for please make sure you let us know, we will try and source the right product for your build. In addition to this, we stock more than just insulation. So whatever your build needs, we are sure to have it.