Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane 1.5m x 50m
Kingspan Nilvent is a breather membrane with has numerous uses and benefits. It measures 1.5m in width, 50m in length and 0.4mm in thickness .
Kingspan Nilvent is made up of a laminated three layer polyolefin structure. The layers are:-
- The upper most layer is layer that is designed to protect against UV and mechanical damage.
- The second layer is where the uses and benefits of Kinsgpan Nilvent are made possible – it is the functional layer.
- The final layer at the bottom provides abrasion resistance.
Uses of Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane:-
- Unventilated pitched roofs
- Timber frame walls applications.
Benefits of Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane:-
- Waterproof, can be used a temporary solution as a roof covering.
- Non- tenting
- Airtight at normal building pressure
- Excellent water vapour permeability
- Excellent nail tear and tensile strengths
- Quiet under wind loading
- Heat and UV stable
Measurements of Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane:-
- 0.13 kg/m2 (9.8 kg per roll)
- Area Per Roll
- 75 m2
- Roll Width
- Roll Length
Specifications of Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane:-
- Nail tear strength
- 120 N in the longitudinal direction,
- 140 N in the transverse direction.
- Tensile strength
- 270 N / 50 mm in the longitudinal direction
- 225 N / 50 mm in the transverse direction.
- Kingsapn Nilvent is classified as W1,W1 is the best possible classification.
- When tested, unaged
- Fire Rating
- nilvent has a Euroclass rating of E
- Water Vapour Resistance
- Achieves a resistance of 0.10 MNs/g and a water vapour trasmission Sd of 0.02 m.
Certification of Kingspan Nilvent Breather Membrane:-
- Nilvent is certified to ISO 14001: 2004.
- BBA Aproved / certified
- In accordance with BS EN 1928: 2000