Tecsound SY50 Self Adhesive Acoustic Barrier Membrane 6.05m x 1.22m x 2.5mm
Tecsound SY50 Self Adhesive Acoustic Barrier Membrane is an acoustic membrane boasting a high number of properties, which increases its soundproofing qualities in insulation. It is made up a polymer-based, bitumen-free, high-density synthetic membrane. The upper face is a non-woven polypropene reinforcement fleece which provides added protection, while the lower face is a self-adhesive face which has added protection by a silicone release film.
This membrane measures up as 6.05m x 1.22m, the thickness is 2.5mm and weighs 5Kg/m2
Benefits of Tecsound SY50 Self Adhesive Acoustic Barrier Membrane
- Self-adhesive version of Tecsound membrane.
- Can be applied straight onto most surfaces- however specifically designed for gypsum plasterboards.
- Provides a quality sound-insulation when it is combined with other products which have light and rigid elements, for example, British Gypsum.
- Has a high sound damping capacity on metal surfaces
- Good reaction to fire classification
- Flexible and adapts to uneven surfaces
- Works well at low temperatures, without damage such as breaking or cracking
- Easy to cut and handle
- Can act as a vapour control layer
- Minimum water absorption
- Rot proof
- Increases airborne noise insulation on vertical partition walls with low surface mass such as plasterboard and partitions.
- Soundproofing against airborne noise in ceilings and lightweight roofs.
- Reduction of impact noise on laminated floors.
- Damping of noise caused by weather
- When combined with sound-absorbent materials it offers solutions with a high acoustic performance
Applications of Tecsound SY50 Self Adhesive Acoustic Barrier Membrane
- Industrial field cover
- Cowling of engines
- Gutter Pipes
- Sound Damping
Accreditation of Tecsound SY50 Self Adhesive Acoustic Barrier Membrane
- EN ISO 9001
- EN ISO 14001
More Tecsound products can be found here.